Musings of a Blackhead Eraser Addict

People say I am vain. They say that I spend too much time in front of the mirror. They say I spend a lot of time buying various kinds of facial products and then end up switching to another brand the week after. They say that going to the dermatologist thrice every week is absurd. They also tease me for having the biggest facial kit in the entire universe, which contains a facial cleanser, a blackhead eraser, a pore minimizer cream, a facial sun block, a lip balm with SPF, and many others.

I am not vain. I just want to be sure that I look presentable when I face my clients, my friend or a high school classmate that I may surprisingly see on one of the busy streets of the city. Yes, I do spend a lot of time buying and trying out different brands because I want to be able to stick with the perfect facial cleanser or blackhead eraser. Also, it is not spending too much time. It is called "research".
I know I have oily skin. It is every important that we understand what type of skin do we have before buying facial products. Since I have oily skin, I tend to have a lot of blackheads and pimples. I am a sales officer so my job requires me to travel within the city. This doesn’t help since blackheads can be caused by dirt and oil that clog up your pores. I know that I am prone to this skin problem and I know that my environment even makes everything worse, so I have to be extra “choosy” when it comes to buying my skin products.

Before I buy a product, I still have to compare it with other brands in the market. Like everyone else, I want to be sure that what I buy is worth my time, effort and money. For example, if I were to buy a blackhead eraser, I have to know all the brands that the market offers. I have to know that Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, etc. each have their own blackhead eraser. I have to check out online reviews of these blackhead erasers. I have to see the ingredients of each and compare them. I also have to stand on the supermarket aisle to see which brand has the most users. After around 5 to 10 minutes of standing in the aisle, that's when I decide to buy the brand I like. If after one week of using the blackhead eraser that I bought, I find that the product doesn't work, I change it.

People have to realize that our face is one of the important parts of the body. It is the first thing that your husband sees in the morning. It is what gets kissed by your kids before they leave for school. It is what bosses look at in a job interview. It is what clients look at when you present products to them. I spend a lot of time deciding on these things because I want to treat my face with special “care and attention”. You should, too!

Read more about the Blackhead Masque
Read more about the Blackhead Lotion 

No comments:

Post a Comment